What is TIN CAN Manager Basic Edition?
TIN CAN Manager Basic Edition is a WordPress plugin that lets you launch and track your uploaded or linked eLearning courses and track them in your own LRS.
Using your Learning Record Store (LRS) with TIN CAN Manager Basic Edition, users can launch courses and report their activities to your LRS.
Leveraging xAPI experiences that conform to the latest Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) specifications, TIN CAN Manager Basic Edition ensures your learners activities are able to be recorded whether the learning is online or offline.
By using TIN CAN Manager Basic Edition in your WordPress site, you can launch local and remote courses, websites, document services, social networks and other TIN CAN enabled resources and report the users experiences to your Learning Record Store (LRS).
What Makes TIN CAN Manager Stand Out
TIN CAN Manager in unison with your remote LRS create a package scaled for individuals and small businesses that need to serve courses without having to bog-down your own server or having to scale your server to handle large amounts of data. Using this package removes the requirement for an LMS and lets you control who can or cannot use your courses.
Weather you are serving a single course for a few months, or serving many course continuously, TIN CAN Manager together with your remote LRS will serve your needs perfectly while removing the server and technical aspects associated with storing and reporting xAPI statements.
Furthermore, TIN CAN manager lets you rewrite activity ID’s letting you link the course reporting to your own URL’s. You may not realize it, but this fixes a great deal of 404 errors inherent to most eLearning courses.
Lightweight and flexible:
TIN CAN Manager is:
- a stand-alone plugin – it does not require other plugins to work
- the most lightweight WordPress TIN CAN Plugin on the market
- able to upload and launch Articulate, Adobe and Lectora xAPI published courses
- able to launch web based resources (such as web pages, PDF files and web apps) from any internet location
- able to launch eLearning from other vendors sites, so you can resell courses
- the least complicated, simplest to use product in it’s class
Watch these videos to see just how easy it is to install, configure, and use.
TIN CAN Manager is Independent…
TIN CAN Manager works with no dependencies.
By default, using TIN CAN Manager, your courses will open in a new Tab or Window…
If you want your eLearning courses to open in a Lightbox window rather than a new tab or window, install any lightbox plugin (as long as the plugin uses the rel=”lightbox” selector, it will work with TIN CAN Manager. This is an option – not a requirement – if you want your course to display in a Lightbox while in WordPress or any website with Lightbox installed.
To summarize, TIN CAN Manager stands out by being:
- The lowest cost purchase of a TIN CAN plugin with the lowest flat-rate cost LRS service on the market
- The only WordPress eLearning plugin that lets you send eLearning course links by email, or embed them into non-WordPress websites.
- No dependencies
- No requirement for other systems or plugins beyond any ADL Compliant LRS
- The ONLY WordPress TIN CAN plugin that lets you launch and track your eLearning courses from anywhere on the internet
- The ONLY WordPress TIN CAN plugin that lets you rewrite you verb URLs