This LearnDash plugin filters Course, Lesson, Topic and Quiz comments by group.
In LearnDash, when you create groups, there is no facility in the core plugin to filter comments so only those users of each group can see them. Instead LearnDash uses the standard WordPress post and page comments for this. WordPress has no function to filter these comments, therefore, neither does LearnDash.
With this plugin, when you create groups in LearnDash, only those users in that Course, Lesson, Topic or Quiz can create, view and reply to comments in their current group.
You can also use the provided AJAX-ified
[llms_comments] shortcode to place your comments anywhere you want in the post.
This plugin removes the requirement for the following plugins:
- Other Groups related plugins
- BuddyPress (forums)
and lets you focus your user workflow on LearnDash.
Exactly what does this plugin do?
This plugin does 5 things:
- It removes the need for the above plugins and lets you manage your LearnDash groups back in LearnDash rather than having to duplicate your efforts between other group related plugins and LearnDash groups.
- It filters the comments in LearnDash courses, lessons, topics and quizzes so only those users in the same group can see the comments of their co-group members.
- Unlike the BBPress and BuddyPress solutions, it keeps the learner in your course.
- It lets you create 1 course and register different groups to the course without them seeing comments of other groups.
- It adds an AJAX-ified shortcode for you to place your comments anywhere you want in the post.
You need only install this plugin and add the shortcode to your LearnDash content and it will automatically take over the rest for you once you configure your WordPress site and each post to allow comments.
Configuration for this plugin is done in the WordPress Admin panel > Settings > Discussion page, while all comments and replies remain subject to LearnDash approval settings.
The free version of this product comes without support and will only be updated when it becomes dysfunctional due to WordPress or LifterLMS updates.
If you require support or customization for this product, or would like your LifterLMS system customized, please refer to our LMS Hourly Support.