Classrooms for LearnDash
Let your customers manage themselves!
Classrooms for LearnDash lets you create school structures in your LearnDash LMS site!
Student seats are licensed for students only so your main groups leader(s) and child-group leaders will not use a seat.
Here are some of the highlights Classrooms for LearnDash has to offer:
Watch this video playlist to understand many of the highlights!
About this product
Classrooms for LearnDash provides a multi-tenant environment so your site can host multiple client organizations (or schools) who then build and manage themselves.
You can use any shopping cart system or method to sell LearnDash group access so you’re not forced into any solution. Classrooms does contain optional integrations with UnCanny Groups as well as Memberium if you have either of those products active.
Why not integrate it with a shopping cart by default?
Most bulk purchases of courses by companies or schools happen outside the shopping cart platform; being completed via invoicing or electronic bank transfers.
Upgrade your LearnDash or UnCanny Groups to Classrooms in seconds!
This migration is not only fast, you can also selectively downgrade specific schools any time by deleting the Classroom. All data will be preserved in the original LearnDash or UnCanny Group.
Once you have your Groups upgraded to Classrooms, you can also return to this feature and re-run it any time to bulk upgrade any new groups to Classrooms.
Sell LearnDash group access using any payment system you want, you can use it with any membership system or use with LearnDash alone.
It’s easy for your client to manage themselves in the most direct and simple way possible.
Integrates directly with UnCanny Groups.
If you already use UnCanny Groups, you can use it to manage the sales and automatic group creation. At the same time, you can still create and manage your native classrooms groups. You have the best of both worlds!
Globally allow or block students in groups from being able to download their certificates while still allowing students not in groups to download their certificates.
Site administrators, headmasters and teachers will be able to download each students certificate.
UnCanny toolkit will still be able to email students certificates with this setting turned off. UnCanny CEU’s will still be available.
Your clients create their own classrooms, assign courses to them, create teachers and create students. Teachers manage their own students. Teachers can then add, edit or remove students from classrooms. Classrooms can also be created without teachers (teams).
Teachers can also upload students in bulk.
Add a classroom and create a teacher for it in one step.
If the teacher already exists, select them from a menu. Or create a self-directed team without a teacher.
Use the Teacher Welcome email template to send them their invitation and password.
Add courses to the classroom in the same step.
Your clients delete their own classrooms.
Rules are applied to this process so they cannot delete a classroom unless teachers and students have been removed.
Site administrators cannot be deleted by accident.
School level classrooms report.
Site administrators can view / manage all schools in classroom and reports. Headmasters can view / manage all schools they have access to.
Add other teachers to the classroom any time.
If the teacher exists, select them from a menu, else create them on the fly and your Teacher Welcome email will be sent to them.
Existing teachers can also be added to classrooms as students.
This feature lets you optionally set a limit to the number of teachers that can be added as students.
Manage teachers in any classroom on the fly.
Teachers can be removed from a classroom and added to other classrooms with ease.
The HeadMaster can permanently delete teachers from the platform.
Site administrators can create default teacher and student welcome emails.
If a headmaster or teacher create their own welcome emails, the default ones created by the site administrator create emails will not be used.
Teachers create their own Welcome email templates.
When they upload students or add them ad-hoc, this email will be sent to any student with an email address.
Emails sent through Classrooms for LearnDash do not need to use the LearnDash Notifications plugin.
Included in the email system, are a few handy email merge codes the teacher can use in the templates. Each teacher can create their own personal Welcome email template.
Teachers can send ad-hoc broadcast emails to all their students in the classroom. Ad-hoc emails will only be sent to student who have email addresses assigned.
Emails sent through Classrooms for LearnDash do not need to use the LearnDash Notifications plugin.
Included in the email system, are handy email merge codes the teacher can use in the ad-hoc emails. Ad-hoc emails are not saved as templates.
Teachers can monitor each students logins and their activities.
Visually clear reports offer detailed activity at a glance.
Teachers have front-end – one click assignment and essay viewing, commenting, and approval.
View detailed LearnDash Quiz statistics.
Lock any student so they cannot pass the selected lesson until you have completed your intervention with that student.
This is great if you need to schedule online meetings in the previous lesson!
Simply click to lock / click to unlock.
Grade and approve assignments and essays right in the Student Detailed Report!
If an assignment or essay is not graded the Approve button will only be shown.
If points are awarded for these, you can award them in the report. You can also comment on these in a new tab from the report.
Classroom Detailed Student Reports are globally configurable.
You can turn ON or OFF parts of reports using global selections in the Settings.
In this example, we are displaying only the last Quiz attempt, then later showing all Quiz attempts in the Detailed Student Report.
Classroom Reports are globally configurable.
You can set your own colors of the information viewed in reports.
Add a new student ad-hoc.
If a student already exists, you can them to a classroom. If a student does not exist, you can create them.
Add students in compliance with FERPA (U.S.) regulations where last name and email are optional.
Change students passwords with ease directly within the classroom.
The Head Master can permanently delete classrooms, teachers and students.
Teachers cannot delete classrooms, teachers or students.
For the developer in you!
Use the available hooks in Classrooms to integrate Classrooms with your memberships system, your CRM, WP Fusion or any other product you want.
Organizations can create their own school and choose to make this public or private.
A public organization is an organization people can buy seats in.
A private organization will not be listed when people come in to buy seats in a classroom.
Classroom seats are purchased on a per course basis and are restricted by the number of seats purchased.
Administrators can override this quantity manually if needed. Organizations can purchase more seats for each classroom anytime they wish.
People can buy access to any classroom in an organization that chooses to be publicly viewable.
We’re always adding new integrations and hooks to Classrooms.
Classrooms Works with...
1 Site License
- 1 year of email and Zoom support
- 1 year of updates
- 1 year of new features
Frequently Asked Questions
COMING SOON !
Coming in V18.104.22.168
- Advanced Zoom integration
- Report Zoom activity as if they were courses
- Control user progress through from Zoom data.
- Scheduled Classrooms
Does this work with other groups or instructor plugins?
We've tested this along side UnCanny Groups. It compliments UnCanny products very well.
This plugin does not integrate with BuddyPress groups.
We don't recommend any other instructor related plugins.
We've also tested this with the UpSell plugin.
Will this pick up all the groups and statuses I already have in my platform?
Yes, If you already use LearnDash groups, all your existing LearnDash information and configuration will immediately be available.
Does this plugin add more data to my database?
Because Classrooms for LearnDash directly leverages LearnDash native groups, the added data in your database is minimal.
The plugin adds a license key field to your options table, a number of students field to each primary group and when the primary group leader(s) or any teachers create their personal Welcome Email template, that is added to their user meta data.
Classrooms for LearnDash does not add any further data to your database, therefore does not contribute to the infamous "database bloat" that many other plugins cause.
We're quite proud that we develop our plugins to natively work with LearnDash, we design them all to add as little data and queries as possible to your WordPress database.
Does this plugin require other LearnDash plugins to work?
Nope. You're good to go with LearnDash and Classrooms for LearnDash alone.
Can I change the labels of this product?
Every aspect of this product is able to be translated.
Even all the information in the plugins Settings page is translatable. The plugin is also set so if you already have WordPress translations or WordPress installed in your native language, it should pick up most words from that.
I like using Loco Translate or Translate Press to translate, but any translation plugin will work.
Why are all my courses available to students?
In your LearnDash course Settings, you've set each course to " Open ", they need to be set to " Free " or greater.
LearnDash always puts " Open " courses in everyone's profile.
Can I use this if I auto-enroll users into groups during purchase?
You would not want to use this plugin if you auto-enroll students into groups because that process puts them all into the primary group.
This will show all users in all groups to all classrooms.
Will this plugin report xAPI or SCORM data?
Sorry, reporting xAPI data is out of scope in the reports of this plugin.
If you're interested in advanced LearnDash and xAPI reporting, we suggest checking out xAPI for LearnDash. Beyond it's many amazing question creation, custom tracking, visibility and reporting features, we've included an onboard reporting system that'll blow your mind!
As for SCORM, you may want to see if you can republish your SCORM courses to xAPI. Unfortunately, the SCORM standard reached end-of-life in November, 2017.
Is this plugin multi-site (WPMU) capable?
Yes. This plugin can be installed in a WPMU (WordPress Multi-site installation) setup.
Licensing is on a per-site basis for support purposes so we ask that you purchase a license for each site you will use it in.
How often is this product updated?
Depending on how complex the new features are, some will come out frequently while others will take more time. As with most product developers, we don't commit to specific dates for new features, but we do plan our activities and these features, taking an organized approach with our client projects and our product development.
Beyond new features, this plugin, as with all good developers plugins, will be updated when a bug is exposed, when we've discovered a vulnerability, when WordPress or LearnDash have been updated and this product needs to be updated to comply with those changes.
Why do I need to license this plugin?
Development of plugins takes a great deal of time. This is time we could spend working on projects for paying clients, but instead, we choose to help you out by providing what would normally be very costly software development at very reasonable prices in the form of our products.
In fact, when you purchase this product, you're not really paying for the development cost. These costs are already our sunk costs, so what you're actually doing is helping fund our efforts to:
- keep the product optimally working with WordPress and LearnDash updates
- add new features to the product, and
- you're paying for any of our excellent support you may need going forward with the product.
Will this product continue working if I cancel my subscription?
Yes, this product will continue working if you cancel your subscription, however, you will no longer receive new features, bug fixes, product updates or support once cancelled. You will see the license key warning in your dashboard.
You can also cancel your subscriptions direction in our web site. no need to go to the payment system provider.
What is your refund policy if this does not suit my needs?
If you're having problems with the product, you'll find our support is exceptional and fast. If it's just not possible to correct and issue, or it's just not a good fit for you, we have a 30 day no questions asked return policy where you will receive a full refund.
- Added new [lt_classroom] shortcode so the plugin can be used inside any page or post in your site.
- Added new school and teacher level summary report for all classrooms.
- Added new feature that lets a teacher also become a student.
- Added new feature for headmaster to permanently delete classrooms, teachers and students in the web site where version 1.0.0 only removed them from the classroom. If a classroom contains teachers or students, a warning will stop you from deleting the classroom until they are removed.
- Fixed issue where shortcode would not load in page builder.
- Fixed issue where head master would get an Invalid Classroom message when using the shortcode.
- Added new modal tab so head master can add teachers into classrooms as students.
- Fixed session close issue
- Updated reporting to compensate for undocumented code change in the LearnDash lesson function.
- School and teacher reports are now also available in their own shortcodes
- Lesson and Topic titles are now clickable and open their respective posts in a new tab
- Added new Statistics icon into report. This icon opens the LearnDash students profile statistics modal.
Added a Student Lock that blocks students from continuing their course until the teacher unlocks them. this is set on a per student / per course basis.
- Fix Quiz statistics for course quizzes.
- Reapply 6 panels in Settings page.
- Add new admin Settings tab with new global feature to force teachers to count against used seats (default = OFF)
- New Primary Group Level feature to allow X number of Teachers to not use seats (default = 0)
- Added new Assignment scoring feature into Detailed Student Report.
- Fixed bug that blocked existing teachers form being seen when adding classrooms.
- Added optional integration with UnCanny Groups plugin.
- Added new hooks and sample code for developers to integrate Classrooms with other systems.
- If the headmaster is the leader of many groups, a new Groups drop-down menu will let the user switch between schools for managing and reporting. Administrators will also have this access without the need to become a group leader.
- Many new hooks.
- School level reports get an Export CSV button.
- Global Teacher and Student Welcome email templates.
- Added Essay grading, viewing and commenting.
- Added Assignment Commenting.
- Translations update.
- Fixed issue where site admin would become group leader when adding a classroom
- Added ability to create classrooms without teachers (self-directed team)
- Added multisite licensing ability
- Fixed issue where incorrect label would be applied to username
- Updated plugin update checker to work in multisite installations
- Updated Plugin Update Checker
- Fixed issue where teacher broadcast emails do not send
- Fixed issue where adding quotations into an email produced a backslash after each
- Added version number to General tab
- Added directions on transferring license keys to License tab
- Clarified Student Certificate information on Settings tab
- Fixed issue where user with customer and group_leader role could see certificates
- Added new Classrooms migration feature (revertable)
- Updated POT file to translate new Convert button for migration feature
- Added teacher_username merg-code to global Teacher Welcome Email settings
- Adjusted Quiz statistics in Student Detailed Report to include quizzes that have not been passed.
- Added new Design tab in Classrooms > Settings to apply custom colors to Not Started, In Progress, and Completed reporting records. This tab will have many more custom controls available in future releases.
- Added new feature in Classrooms > Settings to turn ON or OFF full quiz history in the Detailed Student Report.
- Added Steps Completed to Schools Report to show beside % completed.
- Added CSS class to Detailed Student Report for Approved message.
- Fixed issue where Statistics and Certificate links would not be available if shared steps were enabled.
- Added Classrooms page Template for use in child theme - directions found in Developer Resources tab.
- Updated POT translations template file for new developer information and Student Locker screen messages.
- Added direct WooCommerce integration.