This LifterLMS plugin filters Course, Lesson and Quiz comments by membership group.
In LifterLMS, when you create membership groups, there is no facility to filter comments so only those members of each group can see them. Instead LifterLMS uses the standard WordPress post and page comments for this. WordPress has no function to filter these comments, therefore, neither does LifterLMS.
With this plugin, when you create groups in LifterLMS, only those users in that Course, Lesson or Quiz can create, view and reply to comments in their current group.
This plugin removes the requirement for the following plugins:
- Other Groups related plugins
- BuddyPress (forums)
and lets you focus your user workflow on LifterLMS.
Exactly what does this plugin do?
This plugin does 3 things:
- It removes the need for the above plugins and lets you manage your LifterLMS membership groups back in LifterLMS rather than having to duplicate your efforts between other group realted plugins and LifterLMS membership groups.
- It filters the comments in LifterLMS courses, lessons and quizzes so only those users in the same group can see the comments of their co-group members.
- Unlike the BBPress and BuddyPress solutions, it keeps the learner in your course.
- It lets you create 1 course and register different membership groups to the course without them seeing comments of other membership groups.
You need only install this plugin and it will automatically take over the rest for you.
Configuration for this plugin is done in the WordPress Admin panel > Settings > Discussion page, while all comments and replies remain subject to LifterLMS approval settings.
This free product comes without support and will only be updated when it becomes dysfunctional due to WordPress or LifterLMS updates.
If you require support or customization for this product, or would like your LifterLMS system customized, please refer to our LMS Hourly Support.